- Test Strategy document detailing how quality will be infused throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process
- Test Scenarios (business entities/objects and their relationships)
- Traceability matrix outlining the correlation between business rules, use cases, and corresponding test scenarios
- Functional Test Plan describing the who, what, where, how, and why each business function will be tested
- User Acceptance Test plan detailing entrance and exit criteria; including users in the process of decision-making re. testing specific business scenarios
Specific activities include:
- Create SQL queries to verify tables are correctly populated
- Participates in meetings with Business Analysts, Developers, and Architects in understanding requirements
- Analyze Business and Technical requirements, identifying test scenarios based on business process
- Execute functional test cases
- Work with data management to acquire test data
- Review Release Notes with each build for accuracy and completeness
- Analyze test case failures; clearly and concisely report defects using QMC designated testing tool set, which includes HP ALM/QC, QTP/UFT, and SoapUI. Knowledge of HP Load Runner and IBM Rational tools is a PLUS.
- Create test execution summary report and communicate results to manager and project team
- Train user population on tool used to execute and report outcome of User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Conduct automation testing and leading automation team members in the automation of test cases using QMC designated testing tool set.
- Creating and troubleshooting automation testing script, which could be using knowledge of JAVA/VB script, C/C++ language.
- Have to document and execute test scripts.
- Needs to be able to access the overall automation needs for project, develop a strategy, and present the strategy
- Responsible to help the team create high volume simulators, scripts, establish test case coverage, and generate reports of test results
- Should be able to co-ordinate with business analyst, quality assurance and technical development resources.
- Must be able to communicate well.
- Candidate should have knowledge of full system life cycles.
- Knowledge of quality assurance practices and tools are required.
- Automated or manual testing experience with banking application / financial clients.
- Must have extensive experience in QTP & UFT.
- Must have experience in writing and executing manual test cases, ability to identify and document defects, report test progress to management and escalate issues as needed.
- Development experience in test scripts, execution and reporting are required.